Monday, May 4, 2009

Fresh Turd: Crocodiles - Summer of Hate

During a recent trip to New York before my run-in with the NYC cops (long story), I went to an Asobi Seksu show with two openers. The first opener consisted of two skinny 19 year old looking hipster types, one appearing to be Bob Dylan. The first song this band The Crocodiles played, 'Neon Jesus,' thoroughly rocked my ass and had me jumping like a small wind up kangaroo madman. I was stoked for what else was to come from these guys. Lets just say each song after that sounded the same as the first one or felt like a strobe light flashing way too bright in your face to the point where you want to gouge out either your eyes or your ear drums, I forget where this analogy was going.

To make a long story short, the first song, Neon Jesus isn't even on the Crocodiles album 'Summer of Hate'. Thats right, all you get are the rehashes and the strobe light. The first single 'I Wanna Kill' is good on the first listen, but is about two minutes too long. Other fast songs such as 'Refuse Angels' are three minutes of your life you will never get back. A few slower types, such as 'Here Comes the Sky,' are mildly redeeming though not worth the price of whatever musical format is in style.

Enjoy The Crocodiles 'Neon Jesus,' but don't buy the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment